Providing a company with a car fleet depends on the business profile of a given company. While transport and logistics companies will have a very extensive fleet of vehicles, companies from other industries will opt for a smaller fleet of cars. NHowever, it is undeniable that company vehicles are in the stock of most Polish companies. Fleet management guarantees, above all, a better information flow, current data on the location of vehicles, as well as savings.
It is the supervision of vehicles and drivers. Its purpose is to verify the route, fuel consumption, travel time, as well as the technical condition of cars. The most important tasks include the following:
- supervising and analyzing the costs incurred related to the use of vehicles,
- planning of cyclical activities, i.e. service inspections, renewals of motor policies, etc.
- verifying the validity of drivers’ documents,
- assigning a driver to a specific vehicle at a given moment,
- tracking fuel charges.
These are the most important activities that are undertaken as part of car fleet management, but the offer can be adapted to the individual preferences of customers and their needs.
- Controlling expenses – by tracking the route, checking the route progress, as well as verifying fuel consumption, it is possible to reduce the amount of expenses related to the use of the vehicle. In addition, the integrity of employees is also checked this way.
- Security control – vehicle fleet management makes it possible to check the character and driving style of drivers, and to collect information about broken rules. Safe driving is of key importance for companies, as it is directly related to the safety of drivers, as well as better technical condition of vehicles, lower maintenance costs and no increase in insurance rates.
- Better information flow – drivers receive a clear message about an available vehicle or one that was assigned to the driver. In addition, the company has information on which route the driver has chosen, where he is located and how long unti he reaches the destination.
- Data archiving – the information collected during fleet management makes it possible to compare and analyse any irregular situations. The stored data also enables the users to evaluate and choose the best route for regular trips to a specific location.